Wednesday, March 3, 2010

To Do Item 2 - Fishing

For me, this is very closely related to “to do item 1’ as I fish for dinner rather than for sport. There are heaps and heaps of different types of fish you can catch around Pitcairn whether it be out in the boats or just throwing a hand line in off of the rocks.


One of my favourite Pitcairn fish is called Nanwe (don’t know the English name sorry!) Luckily for me its quite easy to catch and can be caught off the jetty using a handline.

This colourful guy is called a Po’o.


He was unfortunate enough to get hooked on my line (I was very very pleased with myself!)and is delicious fried, then cooked in coconuts milk (as is the Nanwe). He was caught on the other side of the island in a place called 'Sandy Harbour'. Not a whole lot of sand in this harbour...

No comments:

Post a Comment